Not working... for any Entity MS CRM 4.0! Please help.

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Hi,

I have registered this .dll and created a Workflow for Acocunt entity. I have given my user name in the "Share User 1" field and also made Read Permission as "False". But, it is not working.

Can you help me to understand how to apply this!

Thanks,

Dipankar

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Hi Dipankar, can you give me some more information? Does it throw an exception? Do you have the rights to share the record?

Feb 1, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Hi Gemina,

Thanks for the response. I am able to register and also created Workflow and it is not throwing any exception. My role is System Administrator and System Customizer so I have full rights to share the records too.

Please find the steps which I follows:

1. Registered the assembly.

2. Created a new Workflow (without specifying any Event) on Account entity.

3. Added the steps Utilities: Shared Record.

4. Set properties as follows: a) Share user 1 = my name, b) Read Permision = False, c) Write Permission = False.

And then tested this.

But, still I am able to read and write any Account record.

Please help.

Once again thanks for the quick response.

- Dipankar

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Hi Dipankar, you cannot do what you ask. The sharing mechanism in CRM allows you to grant access to records that you cannot access by default, not to block access to records that you are allowed to see in the first place. To block access you need to work on the security roles. HTH.

Feb 2, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Hi Gemina,

Thanks for the quice reply. Now I got the idea and applied. Seems working fine. Could you please let me know the functionality of "Remove all Share"?

- Dipankar.

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Hi Dipankar, if you have shared a record (either manually or through this plugin), and you want to "unshare" it, you can use the plugin with the "Remove All Shares" option turned on, and that will remove any custom shares to the record before it applies any other shares.

Feb 2, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Hi Gemina,

As per your statement - what I understood is that “Remove All Shares" option is working at first then all the other options are working. So, when this option is "True" and also other options (like: Read, Write, Delete) are also true that time automatically those options will be available.

Does, it mean if the "Remove All Shares" option is true then all the other options should be False and that I have to setup manually?

Thanks,

Dipankar

Coordinator
Feb 3, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I don't understand your question, sorry, but I can confirm that

(...) “Remove All Shares" option is working at first then all the other options are working. So, when this option is "True" and also other options (like: Read, Write, Delete) are also true that time automatically those options will be available (...)

is true.